This election is very important to Edgar County. It will determine whether we keep doing things the way we’ve always done, or whether we make some needed changes.
In the Sheriff’s Debate, my opponent said, “It is what it is.” His entire plan was: “We’ve got to make it work.” This is not acceptable to me. I will be a working Sheriff, and this is my plan:
* I’ll increase patrol and improve 911 response times, by expanding the part-time Deputy roster, and being a patrolling Sheriff myself.
* I’ll bring back the Edgar County Drug Task Force and get a full time Detective working on the burglaries.
* I’ll increase our presence in the schools, to help keep them safe, and educate them about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse.
* I’ll work closely with the County Board to cut the massive overtime, and stay on a reasonable budget.
* I’ll institute a regular vehicle maintenance and replacement program, to keep our deputies on the road.
* I’ll work to get control over the administrative issues plaguing the department and jail, and increase training for all personnel.
* I’ll be a very accessible Sheriff that hears your questions and concerns, and takes action.
We can do it, but I need your help! I’m asking YOU for your VOTE!
Thank you for the honor of representing you as the Republican Candidate for Sheriff.
2018 Candidate for Edgar County Sheriff